How to renew an expired driver’s license in Thailand (Pattaya)
April 7, 2022
Shortly before the expiration of the Thai driver's license, as well as after the expiration date, the driver's license can be changed (renewed) without taking tests.
The exact procedure for changing a license may vary slightly, in this article I will tell you how to change a driver's license in Pattaya.
The closest place you can go to change your driving license in Pattaya is the Land transportation department of Banglamung.
To change driving license, the following set of documents is required:
- current driver's license and its photocopy
- original passport and photocopy of pages with photo and name, as well as the current stamp on crossing the border of Thailand
- certificate of residence (for details, see the article “How to get a certificate of residence in Pattaya, what is it and why is it needed”)
- medical certificate (for details, see the article “Where in Pattaya to get a medical certificate for a driver’s license”)
- certificate of Training passed on the website dlt-elearning.com
Certificate of completion of e-learning on the site dlt-elearning.com
To exchange expired driver’s license, you need to go through a short online training. In fact, everything is quite simple – you need to watch the training video and pass a small test.
Website address for the training: dlt-elearning.com
Go to the site and click the “For foreigners” button. Sign up.
For details, see the article: How to get a certificate to renew a Thai driver's license
After successfully passing the test, save and print the certificate. You can print on a black and white printer.
The process of renewing a driver's license in Pattaya
Collect the necessary documents and head to the Land transportation department of Banglamung.
There, find a window for foreigners. During my visit, foreigners were received under a canopy with chairs, located opposite the entrance to the Department.
On the first day for the appointment, I took a number and waited for my turn.
On this first day, they checked my documents, indicated which documents were missing and set a new date and time.
I was informed that since I do not have a visa, they will give me a driver's license valid for only 2 years – that is, temporary driver's license, although after the temporary ones I should have been issued permanent ones with a validity period of 5 years.
You can apply for both a car license and a motorcycle license at the same time.
I arrived on the appointed date, instead of a number, I waited to be called.
They checked my documents again, gave me a number and set the time for which I was supposed to come to the second floor of the Department.
At the appointed time on the second floor, they checked our ability to distinguish colors, gave us documents to check for the correct name and passport number, and sent us to the cashier for payment.
After payment, they issued a new number and sent for photographing for documents. Photographs are taken in front of the entrance to the Department on the left side (yes, on the street).
After photographing, you should wait for your license to the right of the entrance to the Department (there are seats on the street).
The number 1 marks the place for taking pictures, the number 2 marks the place of waiting for the issuance of a driver's license. Photographing was done from the place of submission of documents.
- Where in Pattaya to get and renew a driver's license (100%)
- How to get a driver's license in Thailand (Pattaya) without passing exams (100%)
- How to get a certificate to renew a Thai driver's license (100%)
- DLT QR LICENCE: Thai driving license in your phone (100%)
- Driver's medical certificate in Thailand – how to get it with the least cost of time and money (66.7%)
- Good news for traveling to Thailand in late 2022 and early 2023! (RANDOM - 50%)