How to enter Thailand with Alternative Quarantine
April 1, 2022
At the time of this writing, the quarantine time has been reduced to 5 days! Suitable for unvaccinated people from any country!
Official sites with information about entering Thailand
On this site, you need to apply for entry to Thailand in order to receive a QR code to enter the country. This is the Registration System for Entering Thailand.
Although this site is the last place to submit all the collected documents, it should be visited first of all, since it is here that the latest news and rules for entering Thailand are published!
The site is difficult to read, and not only because it is largely in Thai (although that too). If you see information in Thai, try scrolling down, most likely the text is also duplicated in English.
Recommended list of hotels for Alternative Quarantine
Hotels are recommended to be booked directly by contacting the hotel, and not through third-party services!
I will give recommendations on this site below.
SHA Extra Plus Hotels
SHA Extra Plus Hotels: ThailandSHA.com
I haven't used it, so I can't say anything specific.
Recommended site for purchasing health insurance: https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
I don't know what will happen if I buy medical insurance elsewhere, but I didn't risk it.
Thailand entry rules
Current list of plans: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan
In total there are 3 entry plans:
- Test & Go – you need to buy 1 day of quarantine, test, transfer. Suitable for vaccinated from any country.
- Sandbox Program – Previously, this was the only way to get into the country. After the appearance of the Test & Go plan, it actually became irrelevant
- Alternative Quarantine – for unvaccinated people from any country. Next, I will show an example of collecting documents for this plan.
Features of Alternative Quarantine
Travelers from any country/territory. Stay in quarantine for 5 days and after that you will be able to travel around Thailand.
Full vaccination under this scheme is not required. Unvaccinated travelers can enter under this scheme.
Booking for 5 days at an AQ approved hotel (take a COVID-19 RT-PCR test on days 4-5)
- International passport
- Thai visa (if necessary)
- AQ Hotel Booking Confirmation Paid (fully paid or deposit of at least THB 15,000 / USD 500) including fee for 1 RT-PCR test and airport transfer
- Insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 20,000 (not required for Thai citizens / foreigners residing in Thailand can use social security or a certificate from their employer)
Choosing a hotel for quarantine in Thailand
You can find sites on the Internet with selections of hotels for quarantine – I don’t know how relevant they are and how high the intermediary markup is. The official list of hotels can be found at http://hsscovid.com/
Go to site. When you click on the first link, you will see an unstructured list of hotels with links to brief information.
When you click on the link marked with the number 2, a list structured by regions of Thailand will open.
In both lists, links lead to Google.Drive, where at least 2 files are placed for each hotel – brief information and contact details in English and Thai. You can contact the provided contact details. Information of varying degrees of relevance.
I chose AVANI Atrium Bangkok. Quarantine packages on this page: https://www.avanihotels.com/en/atrium-bangkok/offers/government-approved-quarantine-package
ThailandPass QR Code Obtaining Algorithm
1. You need to purchase a plane ticket to Thailand
2. Contact the hotel, in order to prepare documents, they will ask for your plane ticket and a copy of your passport, as well as payment for the reservation. Upon receipt of these documents and payment, the hotel will prepare a booking confirmation letter.
3. When the letter from the hotel is ready, buy health insurance. Officially recommended insurance: https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
4. Go to https://tp.consular.go.th/ and start issuing a ThailandPass. The ThailandPass website warns that documents must be submitted in advance and the procedure takes 3-7 days. In my case, approval took less than a day – perhaps this is due to the fact that I purchased officially recommended services.
5. Do a PCR test before departure. Please note that you need to notify the clinic where you will be doing the test that you need it for travel. You will be asked for an international passport. Also warn that you need the results in English as well.
The ThailandPass site accepts documents in JPG format, and other services may send documents in PDF, so you may need to convert PDF to JPG or vice versa. To do this, you can use free online services:
What to do if a flight is canceled or rescheduled
First of all, you need to contact the hotel and let them know about the new arrival date.
It is not necessary to update ThailandPass data. The entry permit is valid for three days from the date of the intended entry – if you fit into this range, then you do not need to update the data on ThailandPass.
If necessary, you can make corrections to the data on ThailandPass, but in this case, the review and approval procedure begins anew.
ThailandPass fraudulent emails: tp.consular.go.th
Almost immediately after receiving the QR code, I began to receive emails that there was a problem and I needed to go to the specified page and enter the full name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of the passport. These are scammers – they warn about such letters on the ThailandPass website.
Apparently ThailandPass has a data leak problem.
- How to enter Thailand under the Test & Go program (62.5%)
- Driver's medical certificate in Thailand – how to get it with the least cost of time and money (50%)
- How to get a Thai driving license without exams and bribes in Pattaya (50%)
- How to renew an expired Thai driver's license (50%)
- Where in Pattaya to get a medical certificate for a driver's license (50%)
- Why are there half cotton swabs and toothpicks in elevators (RANDOM - 12.5%)