Park for walking and running in Pattaya – Hat Krathing Lai Seashore Park
May 18, 2022
Pattaya is one of the most pedestrian-unfriendly cities I've been to. With all the development of the roads of Pattaya, this city does not imply long walks.
Yes, there are several pedestrian streets and even small parks. But the streets are too crowded and the parks are too small.
Few streets in Pattaya have full-fledged sidewalks, usually the roadsides are lined with street vendors.
That is, if you decide to go for a run, then you have two options in Pattaya:
- sandy beach run
Yes, you can remember Beach road and Jomtien, but you have to run among a fairly dense flow of walkers – this is inconvenient.
The other day I learned about a new amazing park along the sea, its length is about 1.5 kilometers, it is forbidden to drive vehicles, the park has wonderful paths for walking and jogging.
The park is called Hat Krathing Lai Seashore Park.
Name in Thai: สวนสาธารณะริมทะเลหาดกระทิงลาย
On this map, I marked the Hat Krathing Lai park itself, as well as the road adjacent to the park. The park, together with this road, is over 1500 meters long.
Throughout the park you can see the sea.
Also throughout the park there are several paths along which it is convenient to run or walk.
There are benches in the park.
Also in the park you will find a restaurant, street food vendors and a small skate park.
The park overlooks the waterfront of North Pattaya.
The park is adjacent to the road along the abandoned amusement complex (it suffered from COVID-19 and fire). Vehicle traffic is not prohibited on this road, but it is practically absent here. Therefore, this part can also be used for running and walking.
Entrance to the park is free.
You can get to the park by motorcycle, car or taxi.
To get to the park, you need to move from Pattaya in the direction of Laem Chabang. And turn towards the sea along one of the following roads:
- Sukhumvit Pattaya 8 Alley
- Sukhumvit Pattaya 6/1 Alley
- Sukhumvit Pattaya 6 Alley
- Gyms in Pattaya (79.1%)
- Park and lake in Sattahip for walking and sports (76.8%)
- Map Phrachan Lake: 11 km running and cycling circuit, outdoor sports park (65.2%)
- Ban Amphoe Lake: hiking and cycling, picturesque sunrises and sunsets in the suburbs of Pattaya (60%)
- Badminton courts in Pattaya. Where to buy badminton equipment in Pattaya (55.9%)
- Where to rent a motorbike in Pattaya, cost and rental conditions (RANDOM - 0.7%)