Where to pay road tax for a motorcycle or car in Hua Hin. Car service in Hua Hin
May 27, 2022
What is the tax rate on a motorcycle in Thailand
Motorcycle tax in Thailand, for example, for the Honda Click 125i is 100 baht.
The amount of insurance is 360 baht.
Station service fee: 110 baht.
Thus, the fee (tax) of the owner of a motorcycle up to 5 years is 570 baht per year.
See the article for details: How and where to pay taxes for a motorcycle 🏍 and a car 🚗 in Thailand
Documents required to pay motor vehicle tax
Anyone can pay road tax – not necessarily the owner of the vehicle.
It is enough to show the motorcycle owner's book in the service center, or a photocopy of a page from this book with information about the owner.
They didn’t ask me for any more documents, they didn’t even ask for a passport.
Moreover, in previous years, my girlfriend paid the tax, without my presence in Thailand.
Where to pay the annual motorcycle and car tax in Pattaya
Road tax can be paid at service stations for cars and motorcycles with a sign ตรอ.
Map of the closest road tax offices to Hua Hin (ตรอ).
This map contains the transport tax offices closest to Hua Hin. This map shows the stations for technical inspection and repair of vehicles: cars and motorcycles.
In addition to paying the transport tax at these stations, you can check and repair your car and motorcycle.
How to pay annual motorcycle and car tax in Thailand. How to pay vehicle tax in Thailand
I will show the procedure for paying transport tax in Thailand using the example of a motorcycle owner. Along with the tax, the Annual Motorcycle Owner's Insurance is also paid.
I arrived at the nearest service station ตรอ. Despite the public day off, the maintenance stations worked.
I explained that I wanted to pay the road tax. I was asked for a motorcycle owner's book. I showed a photocopy of the main page of this book. The service station employee checked the motorcycle license plate on it and sent me to the office.
At the office, I was again asked for the owner's book of the motorcycle or a photocopy, as well as a fee of 570 baht.
A few minutes later they gave me a receipt and told me to come in a day.
I arrived a day later, showed the receipt to the office. I was given:
- paper with a hologram confirming the payment of road tax. This paper is usually carried in a transparent flask, fixed next to the license plate of the motorcycle.
- letter confirming insurance payment
- double-sided sticky paper for fastening paper with a hologram on a motorcycle (if you do not want to put it in a flask next to the license plate)
That is, I received my documents a day after applying. But I paid the tax on the evening of a public holiday, perhaps if I had come at a different time, the documents would have been ready the next day.
How to change the road tax document on a motorcycle
If you keep the road tax payment document in a transparent container next to the motorcycle license plate, then in order to replace the document you need to remove the frame holding the motorcycle license plate.
On the inside of the frame you will find two screws, by unscrewing which you can replace the document in the flask.
- Where to get your Honda motorcycle serviced in Hua Hin (100%)
- Where to get service and repair of a Honda motorcycle in Pattaya (87.8%)
- Which store in Hua Hin has the lowest price for Honda motorcycles (79.6%)
- Honda Click 160i – is it worth buying a motorcycle with a more powerful engine (67.4%)
- Map of tuk-tuks (songthaew) in Hua Hin (62.3%)
- Where in Pattaya to get and renew a driver's license (RANDOM - 50%)