Map of tuk-tuks (songthaew) in Hua Hin
May 25, 2022
Which is correct: tuk-tuk or songthaew?
Let's start with terminology. Strictly speaking, a pickup truck converted into a small regular bus is a songthaew (literally meaning “two benches” in Thai). As for the tuk-tuk, this three-wheeled vehicle, also with two benches, is common in the Thai province, as well as in large cities as a taxi.
At the same time, even locals often call songthaew tuk-tuks. That is, speaking of tuk-tuks in this article, we mean songthaew.
Are there tuk tuks in Hua Hin
Not all Thai cities have tuk tuks (songthaew). Although Hua Hin is a small resort town stretched along the sea with virtually one main road, it was lucky – in this city there are tuk-tuks.
Since there is only one main road, there is only one tuk-tuk route. But since all the most visited places are along it, this songthaew route is enough.
Tuk-tuks are the most convenient transport (after a personal motorcycle) in Hua Hin, since taxi services in this city are rather underdeveloped.
Map of tuk tuks in Hua Hin
This map shows the tuk tuk routes in Hua Hin.
The main tuk-tuk route in Hua Hin runs in a circle from the Night Market to Khao Takiab and back. The fare for this route is 10 baht. The interval between tuk-tuks is approximately 15 minutes. Around 7-8 pm, tuk-tuks stop running.
In addition to the main route, there is also a route to Hua Hin Airport. Some tuk-tuks, after arriving at the Night Market, continue to the airport, in which case the cost of the trip is 20 baht.
- Pattaya public transport and tuk-tuk route map (90.3%)
- Hua Hin bus stations (80.6%)
- White tuk-tuks on Sukhumvit and tuk-tuks to attractions: where stops and routes (76.4%)
- How to get to Si Racha from Pattaya by public transport (76.4%)
- How to get to Sattahip from Pattaya by public transport (76.4%)
- Badminton courts in Pattaya. Where to buy badminton equipment in Pattaya (RANDOM - 13.9%)