Where in Pattaya to get and renew a driver’s license

In Land transportation department of Banglamung (also called Department of Land Transport or DLT for short) you can take car and motorcycle driving license exam, renew expired driving license, get Thai driving license based on your international driving license.

The closest DLT to Pattaya is not within the city. Also, if you search on Google maps for the phrase “Department of Land Transport”, you will not be able to find it. So that you do not have any problems with a trip to the nearest Department of Land Transport to Pattaya, a route map has been prepared.

Map “Route from Pattaya to Land transportation department of Banglamung”

This map shows the route from Pattaya to Land transportation department of Banglamung. This route can be traveled both by car and by motorcycle (there is no passage on roads where motorcycles are prohibited).

Location and opening hours of the Department of Land Transport in Pattaya

Location of Land transportation department of Banglamung on the map:

Land transportation department of Banglamung opening hours:

  • Monday to Friday open from 8.30 to 16.60
  • Saturday and Sunday are days off.

Address in English: 3 143 Nong Pla Lai, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand

Address in Thai: 3 143 ตำบล หนองปลาไหล อำเภอบางละมุง ชลบุรี 20150

Preparing to visit the Land transportation department of Banglamung

Foreigners are directed to a separate window. In the Land transportation department of Banglamung, foreigners are accepted under a canopy next to the building.

The distribution of tickets in the queue begins before 8.30, the reception begins at 8.30.

If you brought an incomplete set of documents, they will be checked. They will explain to you what missing documents you need to bring, as well as set the time and date for the next appointment.

New rules you might not know about:

1. If you do not have any visa, then after temporary even permanent driving license is given only for 2 years

2. If you are the owner of real estate in Thailand and instead of the Certificate of Residence that you need to receive at the Immigration Police, you brought a yellow book of the property owner, then you will be given a driving license according to which you can only drive in the province where your property is located. The Certificate of Residence completely removes this restriction – it is recommended that you first go to the Immigration Police and obtain a Certificate of Residence.


Tickets for buses, ferries and trains, including connecting routes:

Air tickets to international and local destinations at the lowest prices:

Recommended to you:

Buy Me a Coffee

Leave Your Observation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

wp-puzzle.com logo