How to start a motorcycle if the battery is dead (video and step-by-step instructions using the Honda Click as an example)
January 12, 2023
Table of contents
Scooters (motorcycles) are divided into:
- Motorcycles with a battery – they start with a button
- Motorcycles without a battery – they start with a foot lever
A serviceable motorcycle with a battery starts as follows:
1. Fold the kickstand holding the motorcycle.
2. Insert the key into the motorcycle and turn it to the “!” mode.
3. Apply the brake on the left side.
4. Press the ignition button.
See also: Motorcycle driving basics
But what if the battery is dead? This is especially unpleasant if the engine is stopped somewhere at a busy intersection with “Idling stop” enabled, and due to a dead battery, it will not be able to start automatically.
The motorcycle can still be started with the foot lever!
Perhaps you will immediately figure out what to do by watching the following short video.
If you do not understand something, then there will be comments.
Starting position – the motorcycle is on the footboard.
Fold the kickstand and place the motorcycle on the motorcycle center stand (located at the bottom of the motorcycle near the rear wheel).
The rear wheel will be raised.
Insert the key into the motorcycle and turn it to “!” mode.
Unfold the motorcycle foot lever.
Press firmly on the handle with your foot.
After that, the motorcycle can be lowered from the center stand. To do this, hold him behind the wheel and push him forward.
When the rear wheel is on the pavement, you can drive as usual. Remember that you cannot unfold the side stand (kickstand), as this will immediately stop the motor.
- How to lock a motorcycle brake without holding it with your hands (100%)
- How to use the dashboard of a Honda Click motobike. How to set (change) the time on the Honda Click dashboard (100%)
- The cost of owning a motorbike in Thailand (ownership experience 4 years, 24 thousand km) (100%)
- Where to get maintenance and repair of a Honda motorcycle in Pattaya (58%)
- Where in Pattaya to refuel a motorcycle and a car (58%)
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya. Cheap transfer to your hotel or home (RANDOM - 50%)