How to enable online shopping in Bangkok Bank (Bualuang)
January 13, 2023
After opening a bank account with Bangkok Bank and receiving a bank card, I tried to top up my mobile phone balance from this card, and it turned out that the card did not work.
See also: How to open a bank account in Pattaya
I tried to make online purchases using this card, and it also turned out that the card does not work. At the same time, the card worked normally for withdrawing cash and paying for purchases in stores.
I encountered a similar situation with a bank card issued by Krungsri, I wrote about this in the note “Why does Krungsri bank card not work for online purchases and for cash withdrawals abroad (SOLVED)”.
You might think that similar steps are needed to link a bank card to a bank account, but this time you need to activate your Bangkok Bank card for online purchases in a different way.
Why can't pay with Bangkok Bank card online
I received a hint via SMS:
If you wish to make an online purchase with your debit card, please call Bualuang Phone 1333. (DBOO)
That is, to enable the ability to buy online using a Bangkok Bank plastic card, you need to call the phone number 1333. The electronic assistant will offer you a choice of hints in Thai or English. Following the prompts of the assistant, you will be able to enable online shopping, as well as select a daily limit for online shopping.
- Select English, to do this, press the number 2. If you want to select Thai, then press the number 1.
- Press number 5 to enter “Service Registration & Other Services”.
- Press 4 to enter “Service Registration and canceling” menu
- Press 1 to select “Bualuang iPay for E-commerce”
- Enter your Be1st card or Be1st Smart TPN UnionPay card number (16 digits).
- Enter your personal identification code PIN – 6 digits, the same PIN used for ATMs.
If something doesn't work, switch to Thai and try again.
In fact: I followed this procedure, but the card did not work for online purchases. I called 1333 and waited for a conversation with the operator. The operator said that I would have to enter the card number and PIN. I entered the card number and PIN, after which the robot replied that an error had occurred. The operator heard this and said that she would now switch me into the Thai version and I would have to do the same. I entered the card number and PIN again. After that, the operator said that she had sent my application and tomorrow afternoon my card should work for online purchases.
How to change the daily limit for a Bangkok Bank card
If, after setting the limit, you decide to change the selected value, for example, increase the daily limit or reduce it to zero, then you do not have to call 1333, you can do it in online banking.
Open the Bangkok Bank (Bualuang) mobile banking app.
Go to the “More” section.
Scroll down the window that opens.
Find the “Manage debit card” item.
Select “Change debit card limits”.
Select the card for which you want to change the daily limit.
Click “Change limit”.
Select a new limit and click “Done”.
- Why does Krungsri bank card not work for online purchases and for cash withdrawals abroad (SOLVED)
- How to enable online shopping in Kasikorn Bank. Why is Kasikorn Bank card not working for online shopping (SOLVED)
- How to enable online shopping in SCB. Why doesn't my SCB card work for online payments (SOLVED)
How to transfer money to a bank account in Thailand from abroad
Using cryptocurrency, you can make international money transfers with minimal commissions and at the most favorable (for you) exchange rates. Thanks to the anonymity of cryptocurrencies, you can transfer money from one country to another without going through validation. See the article for details: Alternative to LocalBitcoins: instructions for using LocalCoinSwap.com
- How to update passport information at a Thai bank (59%)
- Driver's medical certificate in Thailand – how to get it with the least cost of time and money (50%)
- How to get a Thai driving license without exams and bribes in Pattaya (50%)
- How to renew an expired Thai driver's license (50%)
- Where in Pattaya to get a medical certificate for a driver's license (50%)
- How to pay your electricity bill in Thailand (RANDOM - 4.7%)