Where in Pattaya to extend a visa and get a certificate of residence. How to get to the Immigration Police in Pattaya

All visa issues, such as visa extension, extension of stay in Thailand, obtaining a Certificate of Residence, Re-Entry Permit and others are decided by the Immigration Police. Often this government agency is called the Immigration Office, Immigration Service.

In English, this body is called Chonburi Immigration Pattaya.

In Thai, the name is ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดชลบุรี ด่านพัทยา

Related: How to get a certificate of residence in Pattaya, what is it and why is it needed

Where is the Immigration Office (Immigration Police) located in Pattaya

The immigration office in Pattaya is located in Jomtien – a slightly remote area south of the city.

Location on the map:

How to get to Pattaya Immigration Office

Residents of Jomtien can reach the Immigration Office on foot. Residents of Central, South and other areas of Pattaya can use public transport, taxi or private transport.

If you plan to get there by public transport, then with the help of a tuk-tuk you need to get to Jomtien. The Immigration Police office is located next to the tuk tuk route.

See also: Pattaya public transport and tuk-tuk route map

Map “Route to the Immigration Police in Pattaya”

This map shows the location of the Immigration Police, as well as routes there from the center of Pattaya.

These routes can be traveled both by car and by motorcycle (there is no passage on roads where motorcycles are prohibited).

The map shows two routes – one of them passes through the city and is shorter, but may be slower due to heavy city traffic. The second route takes you to the Sukhumvit Highway, which is a slightly longer route, but may be faster.

Preparing to visit the Immigration Police

For any service you need to have the original of your foreign passport.

Depending on what you want, you may need:

  • contract for renting an apartment (for example, to obtain a certificate of residence)
  • a package of documents prepared by the staff of the school where you study (for example, to extend a student visa)
  • photographs (for example, to obtain a certificate of residence)
  • international passport with form T.M.6 (for all activities)
  • form TM30 (it can replace the contract for renting an apartment upon receipt of a certificate of residence)
  • photocopies of these documents

Working hours of the Immigration Police in Pattaya

Working hours:

  • Monday to Friday: 8:30-11:30 AM and 1-4 PM
  • Saturday and Sunday: days off

On Monday mornings, as well as on other days in the mornings, the number of visitors may increase. If possible, try to avoid this time to visit.


Tickets for buses, ferries and trains, including connecting routes:

Air tickets to international and local destinations at the lowest prices:


Recommended to you:

Buy Me a Coffee

Leave Your Observation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

wp-puzzle.com logo