Types of cinema halls and seats in Pattaya and Thailand: Deluxe, Premium, First class, Porch, MX4D, 3D
November 1, 2022
Wife after horror movie:
– They have to give me back half the cost of the movie ticket!
– Because half of the movie I watched with my eyes closed!
First, it should be noted that in Thailand there are cinemas of two companies:
- SFX Cinema
- Major Cineplex
In one cinema, the cost of movie tickets can vary by 10 times! This article will explain to you the difference why some movie tickets are so expensive.
I go to SFX Cinema more often, so most of this article is about these cinemas.
See also: Where in Pattaya you can watch a movie in English
Types of cinema halls and places SFX Cinema
The most common and cheapest type of cinema halls.
In this type of cinema halls, the following types of seats are distinguished:
- Deluxe – almost all places, the cheapest, price 120-180 THB
- Premium – the last three rows in the same cinema, a little more expensive, price 200 THB
- Sofa Sweet (Pair) – two-seat sofa, the very last row in the same cinema hall, price 650 THB
Don't let the names Deluxe and Premium scare you – these are the most basic places that only provide for watching a movie.
If you see a promotion in a movie, they almost always refer to Deluxe seats.
See also: How and what to use the bonuses of mobile operators in Thailand (dtac and AIS)
First class cinema
The description of the theater says:
The ticket price includes food and beverage services at first class lounge
To be honest, I have never bought anything other than Deluxe tickets in my entire life, so I don’t know the details.
Types of places:
- First Class (Single) – per person, price 1,000 THB
- First Class (Pair) – for a couple, price 2,000 THB
As you can see, there are fewer seats in the cinema hall, the seats are located further from each other, perhaps they are more comfortable than ordinary chairs.
We continue our tour of luxurious life in cinema halls.
Porch's description says:
The Porch, Pattaya Outdoor Relaxing Cinema House
Ticket price includes cocktail services at the porch lounge 30 minutes before showtime
Types of seats in Porch:
- Sun Bench – per persone, price 700 THB
- Moon Bed (Pair) – for a couple, price 1,400 THB
Of course, I have never been there for that kind of money, judging by the photo, the chairs are made in the form of sunbeds. Apparently, the main idea is to have a drink and take a comfortable nap to the movies.
If the movie you want to watch is shown only in The Porch or First class cinema and you don’t want to pay expensive for a ticket, then just look for the same movie in the next branch of cinemas – most likely you can watch the same movie in Digital Cinema on Deluxe seat for 120-180 baht.
MX4D is an advanced version of 3D that allows you to watch a movie in 3D, as well as additional environmental effects: the movement of chairs, air currents, splashes, cinema hall lighting, and more. For details, see the article “What is cinema in MX4D and 4DX. Where to watch MX4D and 4DX in Pattaya and Thailand”.
The price for movies in this format is very reasonable, 320 THB.
Movies in 3D format. Cheaper than MX4D but slightly more expensive than Digital Cinema (Deluxe). The same movie can be shown first in MX4D, and after a while start showing in 3D.
Types of cinema halls and seats Major Cineplex
This is a regular movie, that is, Digital 2D.
4DX is an advanced version of 3D that allows you to watch a movie in 3D, as well as additional environmental effects: the movement of chairs, air currents, splashes, cinema hall lighting, and more. For details, see the article “What is cinema in MX4D and 4DX. Where to watch MX4D and 4DX in Pattaya and Thailand”.
Cinemas with a focus on children.
The photos are like that, but I have never been there, so I don’t even know if it’s convenient for accompanying adults.
Most films are shown in regular 2D without extras, this is called Digital Cinema, Deluxe seats.
MX4D, 4DX and 3D are movie formats. Tickets are more expensive, but you pay for the cinema.
In “First class cinema” and “The Porch” a significant part of the ticket price is paid not for cinema, but for additional services and, in general, for the charm of these places.
- What is cinema in MX4D and 4DX. Where to watch MX4D and 4DX in Pattaya and Thailand (98.4%)
- New modern protection against mosquitoes while walking (51.7%)
- Park for walking and running in Pattaya – Hat Krathing Lai Seashore Park (50.6%)
- Gyms in Pattaya (50.6%)
- Badminton courts in Pattaya. Where to buy badminton equipment in Pattaya (50.6%)
- Ko Lan island: a complete guide to getting there, beaches, what to see, transportation (RANDOM - 2.2%)