How to enter Thailand under the Test & Go program
April 11, 2022
How to enter Thailand vaccinated under the Test & Go program
The most up-to-date official information on entering Thailand: https://tp.consular.go.th/
Thailand Pass system will not permit registration less than 2 day before departure date (to ensure smooth journey it is highly recommended that you plan your travel at least 7 days in advance). In case of emergency travel, please send your request / supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry conditions under the Test & Go program
- Allowed entry from any country
- Released from quarantine after testing negative for COVID-19 (RT-PCR) upon arrival in Thailand.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 at least 14 days before travel
- SHA Extra+ or AQ approved hotel booking for 1 day (Day 1)
Documents for Test & Go
- Passport and Thai visa (if necessary)
- Certificate of vaccination
- Paid AQ/SHA Extra+ hotel booking confirmation for 1 day (Day 1) including fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer.
- Insurance with a minimum coverage of $20,000 (not required for Thai citizens and foreigners residing in Thailand who can use social security or a certificate from their employer)
SHA Extra Plus Hotels
Official list of eligible hotels: https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus
Recommended site for purchasing health insurance: https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
I don't know what will happen if I buy medical insurance elsewhere, but I didn't risk it.
ThailandPass QR Code Obtaining Algorithm
1. You need to purchase a plane ticket to Thailand
2. Contact the hotel, in order to prepare documents, they will ask for your plane ticket and a copy of your passport, as well as payment for the reservation. Upon receipt of these documents and payment, the hotel will prepare a booking confirmation letter.
3. When the letter from the hotel is ready, buy health insurance. Officially recommended insurance: https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html
4. Go to https://tp.consular.go.th/ and start issuing a ThailandPass. The ThailandPass website warns that documents must be submitted in advance and the procedure takes 3-7 days. In my case, approval took less than a day – perhaps this is due to the fact that I purchased officially recommended services.
5. Do a PCR test before departure. Please note that you need to notify the clinic where you will be doing the test that you need it for travel. You will be asked for an international passport. Also warn that you need the results in English as well.
The ThailandPass website accepts documents in JPG format, and other services may send documents in PDF, so you may need to convert PDF to JPG or vice versa. To do this, you can use free online services:
What to do if a flight is canceled or rescheduled
First of all, you need to contact the hotel and let them know about the new arrival date.
It is not necessary to update ThailandPass data. The entry permit is valid for three days from the date of the intended entry – if you fit into this range, then you do not need to update the data on ThailandPass.
If necessary, you can make corrections to the data on ThailandPass, but in this case, the review and approval procedure begins anew.
ThailandPass fraudulent emails: tp.consular.go.th
Almost immediately after receiving the QR code, I began to receive letters that there was a problem and I needed to go to the specified page and enter the full name, date of birth and the last 4 digits of the passport. These are scammers – official ThailandPass website warns about such letters.
Apparently ThailandPass has a data leak problem.
- How to enter Thailand with Alternative Quarantine (100%)
- Good news for traveling to Thailand in late 2022 and early 2023! (100%)
- Driver's medical certificate in Thailand – how to get it with the least cost of time and money (50%)
- How to get a Thai driving license without exams and bribes in Pattaya (50%)
- How to renew an expired Thai driver's license (50%)
- How can a foreign family with children live in Thailand for a long time (RANDOM - 50%)