New rules for entering Thailand from June 1, 2022. Cancellation of quarantine and testing
June 19, 2022
From June 1, 2022, quarantine and mandatory testing upon arrival in Thailand (Test & Go) have been canceled. However, foreigners planning to travel to Thailand still need to register on the Thai Pass website: https://tp.consular.go.th/
Foreign nationals arriving in Thailand by air and by land from 1 June 2022 are required to register on Thailand Pass with details, as follows;
Fully Vaccinated Persons must:
1. Register on Thailand Pass
2. Attach passport and certificate of vaccination
3. Attach proof of insurance with at least 10,000 USD coverage for medical treatments in Thailand (COVID-19 test, both prior to and after arriving in Thailand, is no longer required)
Unvaccinated / Not Fully Vaccinated Persons must:
1. Register on Thailand Pass
2. Attach passport and COVID-19 RT-PCR / Professional ATK (NOT self-ATK) test result issued within 72 hours before traveling (must attach on Thailand Pass only)
3. Attach proof of insurance with at least 10,000 USD coverage for medical treatments in Thailand
-Starting 1 June 2022, foreign nationals can also use a COVID-19 Professional ATK (self-ATK is not permitted) test result issued within 72 hours before traveling to enter Thailand.
-Foreign nationals can also use their Thai social security or certifying letter from employer/agency/company in place of insurance.
-Please be advised that, starting 1 June 2022, every foreign national entering Thailand is required to have either a certificate of vaccination (for fully vaccinated persons) or COVID-19 RT-PCR / Professional ATK test result issued within 72 hours before traveling (for unvaccinated / not fully Vaccinated persons) as the mandatory quarantine option (AQ scheme) is no longer granted.
-Starting 1 June 2022, Thailand Pass QR Code will be automatically issued within 1-2 hours once you have completed your registration. Please note that your entry to Thailand is not determined solely by the Thailand Pass QR Code, but also by the validity of your documents attached therein.
-Unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated travelers who wish to be exempted from quarantine must attach a negative RT-PCR / Professional ATK test result issued within 72 hours before travel in Thailand Pass, including unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated children aged 6 – 17 who travel with unvaccinated / not fully vaccinated parents (children aged under 6 do not have to attach the test result). Please be advised that this does not apply to children aged under 18 who travel with fully vaccinated parents who will be automatically granted the same entry scheme as their parents.
-Applicants can use their approved Thailand Pass QR Code to enter Thailand on different date of arrival if the new date of arrival is within 72 hours (3 days) after the original date of arrival as indicated on the QR Code (no need to re-apply or modify your application). Be advised that for those entering Thailand using an RT-PCR / Professional ATK test result, your test result must remain valid by the time of your departure from the port of origin. Further note that each Thailand Pass QR Code can be used only once.
-Application on Thailand Pass is free of charge.
- From July 1, 2022, the mandatory wearing of masks will be canceled in Thailand (100%)
- Marijuana legalized in Thailand (67.1%)
- How to use the COVID-19 testing kit (57.3%)
- Why are there half cotton swabs and toothpicks in elevators (57.3%)
- Driver's medical certificate in Thailand – how to get it with the least cost of time and money (50%)
- Natural mineral water in Thailand (RANDOM - 50%)