How to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin by public transport: direct buses and buses with transfers
March 21, 2023
Table of contents
1. Choose a direct bus route Pattaya-Hua Hin or vans with transfers?
2. Direct buses from Pattaya to Hua Hin
2.1 Direct bus North Pattaya Bus Terminal – Hua Hin (carrier Roong Reuang Coach)
2.2 Direct bus North Pattaya Bus Terminal – Hua Hin (carrier “Yellow Bus”)
3. Buses with transfers from Pattaya to Hua Hin
3.1 Big buses from Pattaya to Hua Hin with a transfer in Bangkok
3.2 Mini buses and vans from Pattaya to Hua Hin with a transfer in Bangkok
Choose a direct bus route Pattaya-Hua Hin or vans with transfers?
To get from Pattaya to Hua Hin by bus, travelers usually first go to Bangkok, and from there, with a transfer to another bus, they already go to Hua Hin. The situation is similar in the opposite direction: first they go from Hua Hin to Bangkok, and then change to a bus to Pattaya.
But between Pattaya and Hua Hin there are direct buses of two bus companies! We will return to the route with a transfer in Bangkok, but the direct Pattaya-Hua Hin buses deserve consideration if only for the following reasons:
- easier to carry luggage. Since direct routes are operated by large buses, they provide space for luggage. It is problematic to transport suitcases and large bags in vans
- more comfortable travel. Large buses of direct routes Pattaya-Hua Hin are more comfortable than mini buses and vans
- no need to worry about changing buses in Bangkok
- less travel time
A trip from Pattaya to Hua Hin (or vice versa) on vans with transfers also has its advantages:
- more flexible schedule. You can choose from dozens of minibuses and vans to Bangkok. In Bangkok, you can also easily find a minibus or van going to Pattaya or Hua Hin
- you can choose the bus stops of departure and arrival
- the price of vans is lower than for a big bus
Direct buses from Pattaya to Hua Hin
Direct bus North Pattaya Bus Terminal – Hua Hin (carrier Roong Reuang Coach)
This bus departs from North Pattaya Bus Terminal 2 times a day:
- 08:00 (arrival in Hua Hin at 13:20)
- 16:00 (arrival in Hua Hin at 21:20)
Travel time 5 h 20 m.
You can order tickets using the following form:
In Hua Hin, this bus stops at Roong Reuang Bus Station (also sometimes called “New Hua Hin Bus Station”).
This bus station is located quite far from the city, so it provides the following types of transfers:
- Shared minibus transfer to your hotel in Hua Hin (ends at Khao Takiab) and Cha-am area (ends at The Energy Condominium) for THB 100 per person.
- Bus to Clock tower (direct service with no stops along the way) for THB 30 per person.
You can also get off at the bus stop in front of Bangkok Bank at Cha-am Junction. You will need to select a bus exit location before boarding as this affects how luggage is placed on the bus. If you choose Hua Hin as your final destination, you cannot change this during the journey, as your luggage may be deep in the bus and difficult to retrieve. If you want to get off at Cha-am, then tell the driver before boarding, before your bag is placed in the luggage compartment of the bus.
Each customer is allowed 1 small personal bag that fits in the luggage compartment above the seats (very little space) and 1 normal-sized checked baggage with a maximum standard size of 48W-29D-76H in centimeters or 19”W-11”D-30”H with a maximum linear dimension of 153 cm and a maximum weight of 20 kg. If the size or weight exceeds the standard limit, you will be charged for the excess size or weight.
The system does not accept a booking if the client has more than 3 pieces of checked baggage. In this case, please enter only 3 pieces of luggage and before boarding the staff will check in additional bags for an additional fee.
All baggage must be clearly marked with the owner's name and destination address.
Carrier's official website: https://airporthuahinbus.com/
Direct bus North Pattaya Bus Terminal – Hua Hin (carrier “Yellow Bus”)
“Yellow Bus” has a Rayong – Samui route passing through Pattaya and Hua Hin
This bus departs from North Pattaya Bus Terminal 3 times a day. It starts its route from Rayong and passes through Pattaya at the following times:
- 16:30 (arrival in Hua Hin at 23:30)
- 18:30 (arrival in Hua Hin at 00:05)
- 20:30 (arrival in Hua Hin at 02:05)
Travel time 5.5-7 hours.
Before Hua Hin, the bus also stops at:
Tickets for “Yellow Bus” you can buy at the ticket office of North Pattaya Bus Terminal. Tickets can be purchased up to 7 days before travel.
Baggage is allowed for 2 pieces per passenger and a total weight of not more than 15 kilograms. Oversized baggage is charged at 10 baht per kilogram.
When transporting a motorcycle, a fee of 1,550 baht is charged, a bicycle is 200-600 baht, depending on size.
Yellow Bus also provides parcel transportation services (you don’t have to take the bus, you can simply transfer the parcel to any of the cities that the bus passes).
Official website of the carrier: http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/Route
Buses with transfers from Pattaya to Hua Hin
Big buses from Pattaya to Hua Hin with a transfer in Bangkok
The lack of direct buses on the route “Pattaya – Hua Hin” is only one: there are few of them.
If you want to travel to Hua Hin with a transfer, but still want to travel on a large bus, then you can use the following route:
- Pattaya – Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Hua Hin
Large buses depart from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport every hour. For details, see the article “Bus from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Transfer to the bus station to Suvarnabhumi”.
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hua Hin, the big bus departs at the following times:
As you can see, you can choose the travel time more flexibly.
To book Pattaya – Suvarnabhumi Airport tickets, use the following form:
To book Suvarnabhumi Airport – Hua Hin tickets, use the following form:
Mini buses and vans from Pattaya to Hua Hin with a transfer in Bangkok
This option is perhaps the most popular among travelers who do not need to carry large luggage with them. Despite 1 transfer, the trip should not cause any difficulties. In addition, this is perhaps the fastest and cheapest option to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin.
There are many buses from Pattaya to Bangkok from various bus stations, you can learn more about them and choose the one closest to your home in the article “Pattaya bus stations”.
Get to any of the following bus terminals in Bangkok:
Buses to Hua Hin leave regularly from any of these bus stations. To better understand the difference between them, as well as to check the bus schedule in Hua Hin, see the article “Bangkok bus terminals”.
- How to get from Hua Hin to Pattaya by public transport: direct buses and buses with transfers (100%)
- Bangkok bus terminals (86.5%)
- Bus from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Transfer to the bus station to Suvarnabhumi (86.5%)
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya. Cheap transfer to your hotel or home (86.5%)
- How to get from Pattaya to Bangkok by bus (86.5%)
- Which store in Hua Hin has the lowest price for Honda motorcycles (RANDOM - 63.6%)