How to get from Hua Hin to Pattaya by public transport: direct buses and buses with transfers
March 21, 2023
Table of contents
To get from Hua Hin to Pattaya by bus, travelers usually first go to Bangkok, and from there, with a transfer to another bus, they already go to Pattaya. The situation is similar in the opposite direction: first they go from Pattaya to Bangkok, and then change to a bus to Hua Hin.
But between Hua Hin and Pattaya there are direct buses of two bus companies! We will return to the route with a transfer in Bangkok, but the direct Hua Hin-Pattaya buses are worth considering if only for the following reasons:
- easier to carry luggage. Since direct routes are operated by large buses, they provide space for luggage. It is problematic to transport suitcases and large bags in vans
- more comfortable travel. Large buses of direct routes Pattaya-Hua Hin are more comfortable than mini buses and vans
- no need to worry about changing buses in Bangkok
- less travel time
A trip from Hua Hin to Pattaya (or vice versa) on vans with transfers also has its advantages:
- more flexible schedule. You can choose from dozens of minibuses and vans to Bangkok. In Bangkok, you can also easily find a minibus or van going to Pattaya or Hua Hin
- you can choose the bus stops of departure and arrival
- the price of vans is lower than for a big bus
This bus leaves from Roong Reuang Bus Station (also sometimes called “New Hua Hin Bus Station”) 2 times a day:
- 09:00 (arrival in Pattaya at 14:00)
- 15:00 (arrival in Pattaya at 20:00)
Travel time 5 hours.
The bus stays at North Pattaya Bus Terminal.
You can order tickets using the following form:
Each customer is allowed 1 small personal bag that fits in the luggage compartment above the seats (very little space) and 1 normal sized checked baggage with a maximum standard size of 48W-29D-76H in centimeters or 19”W-11”D-30”H with a maximum linear dimension of 153 cm and a maximum weight of 20 kg. If the size or weight exceeds the standard limit, you will be charged for the excess size or weight.
The system does not accept a booking if the client has more than 3 pieces of checked baggage. In this case, please enter only 3 pieces of luggage and the staff will check in additional bags before boarding for an additional fee.
All baggage must be clearly marked with the owner's name and destination address.
The terminus is “Jomtien-Suvarnabhumi Airport Bus Station”, but the bus also stops on request at the junctions of Sukhumvit road with the following streets:
- North Pattaya Rd.
- Central Pattaya Rd.
- South Pattaya Rd.
- Thep Prasit Rd.
Carrier's official website: https://airporthuahinbus.com/
“Yellow Bus” has a Samui – Rayong route passing through Pattaya and Hua Hin.
For details about stops and buying tickets, see the link.
The bus passes through Hua Hin 3 times a day. It starts its route from Samui and passes through Hua Hin at the following times:
- 23:30 (arrival in Pattaya at 5:15)
- 00:30 (arrival in Pattaya at 06:15)
- 02:35 (arrival in Pattaya at 08:15)
Travel time is about 6 hours.
In Pattaya, the bus stops at the North Pattaya Bus Terminal.
Before Pattaya, the bus also stops at:
Tickets can be purchased up to 7 days before travel.
Baggage is allowed for 2 pieces per passenger and a total weight of not more than 15 kilograms. Oversized baggage is charged at 10 baht per kilogram.
When transporting a motorcycle, a fee of 1,550 baht is charged, a bicycle is 200-600 baht, depending on size.
Yellow Bus also provides parcel transportation services (you don’t have to take the bus, you can simply transfer the parcel to any of the cities that the bus passes).
Official website of the carrier: http://www.iloveyellowbus.com/en/Route
There is only one drawback of direct buses on the route Hua Hin – Pattaya: there are few of them.
If you want to go to Pattaya with a transfer, but still want to travel on a large bus, then you can use the following route:
- Hua Hin – Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – Pattaya
Large buses depart from Hua Hin to Suvarnabhumi Airport at the following times:
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya, a large bus departs every hour.
As you can see, you can choose the travel time more flexibly.
To book “Hua Hin – Suvarnabhumi Airport” tickets, use the following form:
To book “Suvarnabhumi Airport – Pattaya” tickets use the following form:
See also the details in the article “How to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya. Cheap transfer to your hotel or home”.
This option is perhaps the most popular among travelers who do not need to carry large luggage with them. Despite 1 transfer, the trip should not cause any difficulties. In addition, this is perhaps the fastest and cheapest option to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin.
There are many buses from Pattaya to Bangkok from various bus stations, you can learn more about them and choose the one closest to your home in the article “Hua Hin bus stations”.
Get to any of the following bus terminals in Bangkok:
Buses to Hua Hin leave regularly from any of these bus stations. To better understand the difference between them, as well as to check the bus schedule in Hua Hin, see the article “Bangkok bus terminals”.
- How to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin by public transport: direct buses and buses with transfers (100%)
- Bangkok bus terminals (86.4%)
- Bus from Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi Airport. Transfer to the bus station to Suvarnabhumi (86.4%)
- How to get from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya. Cheap transfer to your hotel or home (86.4%)
- How to get from Pattaya to Bangkok by bus (86.4%)
- Park for walking and running in Pattaya – Hat Krathing Lai Seashore Park (RANDOM - 2%)