Where to buy electronics in Pattaya and Thailand: online and offline stores
December 20, 2022
Stores of computer and other electrical goods in Pattaya and Thailand
In Thailand, online trading is very developed for absolutely everything. This is facilitated by an amazingly organized mail service. If the purchased product is located in Thailand, then you will receive it very quickly, literally within a few days. If you order from abroad, you will receive your purchase within 1-2 weeks.
Prices in online stores can be several times lower than in offline stores.
But instead of your usual Western online platforms for the sale of goods, you need to learn a couple of new names. And install the appropriate apps, of course.
Someone likes to buy goods in offline stores in the city – this can be especially true for expensive and / or large-sized electronics. You might want to hold the phone in your hands or check out the quality of the TV picture in a store before you buy. Therefore, I will also talk about popular chain stores for IT and other electrical goods.
Of course, offline stores have websites, and you can go to them to find out about the availability of goods, their cost, and even order delivery.
To compare prices and other parameters (such as availability), I have selected 4 products that I really want to buy in the near future. To make the comparison of stores meaningful, I will look for these four products in each of them.
I am interested in the following products:
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO (SATA III SSD) – laptop solid state drive (on my work computer, one of the drives failed 😢)
- Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus (NVMe M.2 SSD) is another laptop SSD, but with a different form factor (I decided to upgrade the main laptop drive as well, because I'm afraid that it will also fail, besides, I always not enough space)
- Orico M.2 NVMe 10Gbps is an M.2 to Type-C Drive Converter Case (I will need it to use the SSD that I take out of my laptop)
- SMATRUL Wireless Wi-Fi Repeater 5Ghz – Wi-Fi Signal Repeater / Range Extender
Shop website: https://shopee.co.th/
It is a platform with a huge number of sellers. In my opinion, here is the widest range and the lowest prices.
From my list, I found products at the following prices:
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO (SATA III SSD) – 5199 baht (lowest price of all stores)
- Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus (NVMe M.2 SSD) – 3711 baht (lowest price of all stores)
- Orico M.2 NVMe 10Gbps – 299 baht
- SMATRUL Wireless WiFi Repeater 5Ghz – 579 baht (lowest price of all stores)
Another online platform and application for online shopping in Thailand.
Website address: https://www.lazada.co.th/
In my opinion, the range is very large, but the prices are slightly higher than in Shopee.
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO (SATA III SSD) – 7999 baht
- Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus (NVMe M.2 SSD) – 4999 baht
- Orico M.2 NVMe 10Gbps – 198 baht + shipping 23 baht (lowest price of all stores)
- SMATRUL Wireless WiFi Repeater 5Ghz – 861 baht
Network of offline stores. Renowned for its low prices. There are several BaNANA IT stores in Pattaya, their location is shown on the map below.
The store focuses on popular electronics, so you may not find some exotic items here.
Store website: https://www.bnn.in.th/en
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO (SATA III SSD) – 6420 baht, but out of stock at the time of writing
- Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus (NVMe M.2 SSD) – 5490 baht
- Orico M.2 NVMe 10Gbps – not found
- SMATRUL Wireless WiFi Repeater 5Ghz – not found
Network of offline stores. PowerBuy stores are primarily focused on consumer electronics, so computer products are presented in a smaller assortment. Again, it is better to look for some exotic IT electronics in online stores, since it may not be available here.
There are several PowerBuy stores in Pattaya, their location is shown on the map below.
Store website: https://www.powerbuy.co.th/en
- Samsung 2TB 870 EVO (SATA III SSD) – there is no such model, there is only 250 GB
- Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus (NVMe M.2 SSD) – not found
- Orico M.2 NVMe 10Gbps – not found
- SMATRUL Wireless WiFi Repeater 5Ghz – not found, search showed XIAOMI Wifi Range Extender AC1200 Model WiFi Router 2.4GHz / 5GHz for 696 baht.
Electronics and computer equipment stores in Pattaya (map)
The cheapest electronics store in Thailand
In my experience, Shopee has the largest selection and lowest prices. Remember that the price for the same product, even in the same application, may vary depending on the seller. It will not be superfluous to check prices in other stores.
Please check the characteristics of the product very carefully before ordering, as the search for products may give results that are irrelevant to your query.
In one product card, several options can be listed, which may differ slightly (for example, in color) or very significantly (in key characteristics).
- How and what to use the bonuses of mobile operators in Thailand (dtac and AIS) (100%)
- Unlimited mobile packages in Thailand (78.2%)
- How to pay your electricity bill in Thailand (71.8%)
- What to do if electricity is cut off for non-payment in Pattaya (71.8%)
- How to change the country in the Play Store to Thailand (65.7%)
- How to unclog sink, shower, or toilet drain in Thailand (RANDOM - 50%)